“Clean” or “natural” descriptions in thousands of products are misleading. It can be overwhelming to know which products are hormone safe and do not contain endocrine disruptors.
The Seal of Approval™ mark does the work for you and is a unique verification of its kind: an independently verified seal to ensure products are free from chemicals of concern and meet our strictest standards for your health.
Welcome to The Hormone University Seal of Approval™. How can we help you?
- I’d like to know how the Hormone University Seal of Approval™ can help me earn recognition and gain credibility.
- I’d like to know more about certifying my products.
- I’m a consumer and want to know what the Hormone University Seal of Approval™ means.
Vitamins & Supplements
Food & Beverage
Beauty & Skincare
Baby & Children
Women´s Wellness Retail
Cleaning & Household
Hormone University Seal of Approval™
99% of Americans (read that again) are affected by endocrine disrupting chemicals (EDCs). EDCs are chemicals that mimic or interfere with hormones inside the body. When present in our body systems, they can cause several different problems within reproduction, development, the brain, and our immune system.
Why a Seal of Approval™?
In a world clouded with false marketing claims along with toxic chemicals being infused into millions of products we consume daily, making purchasing decisions can be highly confusing. This is where Hormone University steps in.
We understand how scary it can be to consume products and not know exactly what’s in it and how it can impact our health. Here at Hormone University, we understand the crucial role hormones play inside our bodies, so ensuring products are endocrine disruptor free for our hormonal health is our number one priority. That is why we have created the Seal of Approval™.
What can you expect when you see our Seal of Approval™?
When you see the HU Seal of Approval™, you can be confident that the product checks the following:
- Is free of endocrine disruptors. Endocrine disruptors are chemicals that can interfere with or mimic the hormones in our body. When they interfere with our hormones, they can cause problems with development, reproduction, your immune system and brain.
- Is a formula free from our list of chemicals of concern.
What’s our due diligence?
To ensure the products undergoing testing are truly endocrine disruptor free, we have a committee here at HU consisting of board-certified physicians, experts and registered dietitians specializing in toxicology, neuroscience, food science, cosmetic regulations and hormonal health. We have an extensive and intricate process that we go through to guarantee
we are selecting the best possible professionals to sit on our board.
Interested in getting your product the Hormone University Seal of Approval™? Here’s what you need to know.
Your brand must fill out the official application in order to be considered for the Seal of Approval™. Before filling out the application, please first check to see if your product fits within at least one of the specified criteria.
– Your product must have scientific or professional evidence to support your claims.
– If applicable, your product must be FDA and / or EU Approved or Certified.
– Your brand / product must have been in the market for more than 12 months.
– Your product must have publicly accessible customer testimonials.
– Your product has not had a history of recalls or is under legal review.
If your product falls into at least one of these categories, it can be considered for the HU Seal of Approval™. Along with the application, there is a non-refundable evaluation fee of $300 for our independent Board to perform an extensive study of your product.
To fill out the application, please make sure you have the following information on hand:
- Company information- any company details ranging from applicant’s name, company website, contact information, annual revenue, etc.
- Product information- everything from the number of products you’re applying for, to the ingredients and safety substantiation form
- Download a copy of the Disclosure Agreement and Confidentiality Agreement. Sign and submit along with your application.
Once the application is submitted, it will take about 3 weeks for your product to be considered, tested, and reviewed. Once the board makes a decision, you will hear back from us informing you of our final consensus.