Table of Contents
When it comes to endo belly, diet and gut health is an essential component to pay attention to. The “endo diet” or an anti-inflammatory diet are regularly recommended to endo patients: These ends belly diets generally eliminate alcohol, gluten, dairy, eggs, soy, red meat, preservatives, artificial sugars, and caffeine.
Some women report experiencing less endo belly with diets such keto, dairy free, paleo or low carb. However, Dr. karli Goldstein OD says: “There’s no one diet for endo, she stresses. “You have to see what’s best for you and what you react to.”
What is endo belly?
Some women with endometriosis experience bloating and discomfort, which is referred to as “endo belly”. It is a typical sign of endometriosis and may result from digestive problems, hormonal changes, or inflammation. Please ask me any additional questions if you have them.
What does end belly look like?
Endo belly symptoms can occur even when a woman is not in menstruation, severe and persistent endo belly can cause the abdomen to swell and become distended. (This bloating and swelling abdomen is known as “endo bloat”).
Endo belly can also cause discomfort and pain, as well as digestive problems like constipation, diarrhea, and nausea, in addition to the physical symptoms. It’s crucial to consult a healthcare professional if you frequently feel bloated or uncomfortable in your abdomen in order to identify the underlying issue and create a customized endo belly treatment plan.
How to get rid of endo belly?
“Does endo belly go away?” Well, there is no one-size-fits-all solution for getting rid of endo belly, but here are some strategies you can take:
- Hormonal therapy
- Dietary changes
- Surgery (just in some cases)
How can a stool test help?
- Gut health Tests such as @biohmhealth and @thryveinside help offer insight into your intestinal health how your body processes food.
- Endometriosis patients can be more sensitive in regards to how their intestines and gut process things, Dr. Goldstein says. Endo belly could be a side effect of the intestines working overtime.
What about a Hormone Test?
- Hormonal tests such as the @dutch test can also help you better understand your body and indicate any imbalances you may be experiencing due to health conditions, changes in your diet or digestive system, etc.
The best way to find your version of this diet is to start with an elimination diet, slowly add things back in, and note when the endo belly pops up. Try eliminating those foods going forward.
Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a health condition.
Credits: @endofound @healthline
- Hamilton College 2002 – 2006 (B.A., Chemistry Major and Psychology Major)
- Cornell University 2006 – 2008 (M.S., Food Science)
- Cornell University 2009 – 2012 (Ph.D., Food Science)
Anne is an Angel investor & advisor. She is the author of “The Juicy Bite”, a successful CPG and Tech newsletter. Venture technology and startup scout, with over seven years of global CPG experience. Her background in holistic product design, sustainability, trends & technology identification, and consumer insights enables her to identify white space opportunities and areas for investment. With a Ph.D. in Food Science she brings great expertise and value to the Hormone University community.
“Anne is a real up-and-coming talent with world class training in the chemical senses, demonstrating in her burgeoning career an ability to translate fundamental scientific phenomena into pragmatic commercial relevance with impeccable collegiality to boot.”